About the Book:
Women are as unique as snowflakes or butterflies, but after surveying hundreds of them, writer and radio host Diane Markins learned that the top needs they feel are the same. She also began hearing a recurring theme: I want more! I want to be better! I want to be bold!
Women in High Def aims to propel women out of a low-def, foggy life of going through the motions in a blur. The profound stories, intercessory prayer prompts and coaching elements work together to catapult women into living fearlessly for God…being bolder moms, having purposeful passions, pursuing marriage excellence, loving themselves with gusto, laughing with abandon, transforming mistakes into blasts of blessings and bravely seeking the Lord in all His majestic glory. The bonus Bible study at the back of the book points them to scripture to gain Biblical insight and direction for each need and role they play. It can be used alone or in a group.
Women in High Def is not passive reading. It cries out to the spirit of readers to be unafraid as they actively reach for clarity, vibrancy and intensity in all the meaningful areas of their lives.
About the Author:
Diane Markins has always aspired to live in High Def. She uses her radio show, writing and speaking to inspire women to transform their lives from mediocre and complacent to bold and vibrant. She settles for nothing less in her own life as a wife, mom, grandmother, friend and colleague. Diane writes two blogs, WomenInHighDef.com and WordsInHighDef.com, is a regular contributor to the Presidential Prayer Team website and CBN.com. She and her husband of 33 years work and live close to their children in Arizona.
Women in High Def was that book that I would carry with me and steal a few minutes away from my daily routine to read. It is certainly one that you could read in one sitting but I really enjoyed that one quick bit of encouragement in the middle of my hectic day.
Diane Markins has put together a collection of stories by several women on a variety of topics. Each told from the heart of the author, I found myself relating to these women as I read their stories. Many had to be hard to share but with the Grace of God these lovely ladies did share and were willing to be used by God in the restoration of others.
It is refreshing to read that someone else understands what you are going through now or what you have been through before. And there is healing in knowing that others have not only survived but gone on to live full lives and be blessed and used by God.
At first glance I didn't think some of the topics were things I needed help with. But after reading it through I knew God had some work for me to do in those areas. This book will help you take a look at yourself and seek God for His help in making you more like Him.
"Going Boldly" Blog Tour Grand Prize
– Retail Value: $70
- Book (Women in High Def: Boldly Living Your Purposes with Vibrant Clarity)
- Bright and Vibrant Earrings
- Sparkling Cider (to celebrate life)
- Sumatra Coffee (Bold, Earthy Flavor)
- Into the Wild body wash and spray fragrance from Bath and Body Works
- Custom coffee mug: Women in High Def (front), BE YOUR BOLD SELF! (back)
Instructions to Enter the Grandprize Drawing:
- Leave a comment about the book or author on the blog post during the blog tour.
- Each blog tour host will draw one name from those comments to send to the tour coordinator by September 21.
- The coordinator will put all the names into a drawing, and select a winner, using an online randomizer.
- The coordinator will notify the blog tour host who submitted the winning name.
- The blog tour host will notify the winner and collect the mailing info so the author can send out the prize.
*I received this book from Kathy Carlton Willis Communications in exchange for my honest review. You can check out their website at www.kathycarltonwillis.com. ~Thanks! :)